Japanese visas, especially marriage visa and permanent visa

Makoto Visa Office

Makoto Visa Office > FAQ of visas > Period of stay and parental authority, after foreign national divorced Japanese.

Frequently Asked Questions of Japanese visas

I picked up the most useful ones from real questions and answers. I made some changes in personal information about individuals.

Marriage visa

Period of stay and parental authority, after foreign national divorced Japanese.

Question (on the phone)

I want to ask a question. I am a Japanese woman. I live in Japan with my Chinese husband and a child. I think about divorce recently. we don't love each other. He has to go back to China after divorce, doesn't he ? How long can he stay in Japan after divorce ? What about parental authority ?

Answer (by immigration lawyer, Makoto)

Even if the foreign national who has marriage visa, divorces Japanese, he/she can stay until the end of the period of stay of his/her visa. If he/she have been married for 3 years, he/she can change Long-Term Resident visa after divorce. I'll give you advice for free. The fee of making documents and application by proxy is 126,000yen. If the application is rejected, I will pay you back the fee.(126,000yen)
You need to fill in a divorce notice about parental authority when you divorce. If you write your child's name on it, you get the parental authority. However, if you change your parental authority to opponent, you have to request it from the family court. I can make a contract of divorce for prevention of dispute. Making documents fee is 52,500yen. In case of breakdown of talks, you can request a mediation of divorce from the family court.

Renew  2011.10.17
Set up  2011.04.15


Related Topics

>>> Other FAQ of Japanese visas

Asking about Japanese visas

visa   Makoto Sugita, immigration lawyer (Makoto Visa Office)
  TEL : 03-5858-8491 (Japanese) Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri. (11:00 - 20:00)
  JR Sobu-line, Kameido Sta. in Tokyo.
visa   Kaori Oguni, immigration lawyer (Oguni Office)
  TEL : 03-4400-3644 (English) Mon. - Fri. (10:00 - 16:30)
  JR Chuo line, Higashi-Nakano Sta. in Tokyo.

Makoto Visa Office

Fee of visa in Japan   FAQ of visa in Japan   Makoto Visa Office Top
Japanese visavisa in Japan