Japanese visas, especially marriage visa and permanent visa

Makoto Visa Office

Makoto Visa Office > FAQ of visas > Can I change my tourist visa (Temporary Visitor) to marriage visa?

Frequently Asked Questions of Japanese visas

I picked up the most useful ones from real questions and answers. I made some changes in personal information about individuals.

Marriage visa

Can I change my tourist visa (Temporary Visitor) to marriage visa?

Question (on the phone)

I am a Japanese woman. I fell in love with a French guy. He is in France now, and going to come back to Japan next March. After he comes, I will introduce him to my parents. Then, we will notify a public office of our marriage. Can he change his tourist visa (Temporary Visitor) to marriage visa ?

Answer (by immigration lawyer, Makoto)

Yes, he can change his tourist visa (Temporary Visitor) to marriage visa after he notify a Japanese public office about your marriage. You cannot change your tourist visa (Temporary Visitor) to working visa, but can change to marriage visa. In the case of a marriage between Japanese and foreigner, you need to submit a notice of marriage with " Requisite-for-marriage possession certificate" (unmarried certificate) which you got at the embassy. After you finish notifying, you can apply for a marriage visa from immigration.
I'll give you advice for free. The fee of making documents and application by proxy is 126,000yen. If the application is rejected, I will pay you back the fee.(126,000yen)

Renew  2011.10.17
Set up  2011.05.10


Related Topics

>>> Other FAQ of Japanese visas

Asking about Japanese visas

visa   Makoto Sugita, immigration lawyer (Makoto Visa Office)
  TEL : 03-5858-8491 (Japanese) Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri. (11:00 - 20:00)
  JR Sobu-line, Kameido Sta. in Tokyo.
visa   Kaori Oguni, immigration lawyer (Oguni Office)
  TEL : 03-4400-3644 (English) Mon. - Fri. (10:00 - 16:30)
  JR Chuo line, Higashi-Nakano Sta. in Tokyo.

Makoto Visa Office

Fee of visa in Japan   FAQ of visa in Japan   Makoto Visa Office Top
Japanese visavisa in Japan